Sunday 16 March 2014

Google+ Deception

Overview

Google+ is deceitful and I consider it to be harmful.

Blogger and Google+

Obviously, I use blogger (Or is it blogspot?) for blogging. I have a couple of blogs, and I update them reasonably frequently.

I was recently prompted on one of my blogs to start integrating with Google+ which is something that I would not want. I found the message to be difficult to follow at first glance, and couldn't see easily how to decline the offer.

Fast forwards to today, and both of my blogs had at some point gone from simply prompting me to share on Google+ to simply posting automatically. This is unwanted behaviour, as I do not wish to use Google+, or any social network for that matter.

I do not want to "self-promote" my personal blogs and spam my friends. If they want to read my blog(s), they will do so without me spamming them.

Worse still, do not take the choice to spam people I know on the social network I don't want to use away from me. I didn't choose to use Google+, I didn't choose to spam those people.

Google, please, for the love of all that is holy, please stop trying to force everyone to be a Google+ user. It's like the creepy guy with the beat-up van with "Free Candy" hand written on the side. No one wants what you're offering, and everyone knows that it's the old bait-and-switch. Just stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment